Happy Saturday everyone! Today, I’m beyond excited to write a review on one of the best masks that I’ve ever tried! I’ve read countless amazing reviews on May Lindstrom’s- The Problem Solver mask and have been dying to try it, but the $90 price tag was just too much for me. On Valentine’s Day, I decided to splurge and get it as a little gift from me to me, hehe. #imsobroke #bankrupcyhereicome #dontjudgeme. After just one use I immediately fell in love! My visible pores shrunk and my skin was just glowing! It felt as though a layer of skin just came off my face and it was kinda like that light feeling you get after getting a haircut. The next day my skin looked amazing, seriously amazing! Anyhow, I can go on blabbing about how awesome this mask is for a long time, so I’m going to stop and cover what you need to know about the mask and my experience with it!
According to the official product description, this mask is a “jet-black fusion of antioxidant-rich raw cacao, healing bamboo charcoal, soil nutrients, salts, and exotic warming spices go deep on a mission to reveal your most radiant self.This intense treatment masque effectively purifies & tightens pores, extinguishes inflammations, fights & heals blemishes, jump-starts circulation in the epidermis & detoxifies skin with delightful ease and power. The radically different powder-to-mousse formula activates on contact with water – only releasing its magic at the exact moment of use so you experience full potency every time.”
Ingredients: Fuller’s Earth Clay, Red Moroccan Rhassoul Clay, **Theobroma Cacao (Raw Cacao), Red Alaea Sea Salt, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sodium Bicarbonate, Bamboo Carbon Charcoal Powder, *Vanilla Planifolia Bean, *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower, *Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root, ***Boswellia Carteri (Frankincense), *Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola), *Archangelica (Angelica) Root, *Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon), *Myristica Fragans (Nutmeg), *Syzygium Aromaticum (Clove), *Curcuma Longa (Turmeric), *Capsicum Annuum (Cayenne) Pepper.*Certified Organic **Fair Trade Certified ***Wild Harvested
Application: Activate a tablespoon of powder formula with equal parts water in a bowl, blending to form a soft mousse. Massage over skin and relax. Treatment time is 45 minutes (or until fully dry). Expect a slightly hot and tingling sensation. Rinse, and follow with The Youth Dew.
My Experience With the Application: When you mix the powder with water it starts to bubble, which is actually kinda cool since I have never experienced that with any other powder mask. After I put this on, I definitely feel a tingly, warm sensation that is bearable. I leave the mask on until it dries and then I remove it with lukewarm water. After I remove it, my skin usually looks slightly pink, but the color goes away after about 30 minutes. In addition, I’ve noticed that even after I remove the mask, I still feel the warm, tingly sensation for about an hour or so.
- This mask shrinks my pores and makes my skin glow. My skin seriously looks beyond amazing the next day after I use it. Also, I tend to get annoying little bumps on my skin sometimes, and this mask gets rid of them.
- The packaging is so beautiful! It looks so luxurious. Plus, the mask jar can totally be reused and recycled. #imsogreen
- This smells amazing too! It smells chocolaty and spicy.
- This works as an amazing spot treatment.
- Obviously, the price, but the results are worth it! Plus, you get 8 ounces of this and that is a lot. If you use this mask about once a week, this mask will last for almost a year.
- Other reviewers have claimed that this mask can stain white washcloths.
- This mask can be a bit drying, so I would definitely recommend putting on a light moisturizer after using it. I personally recommend using the Eminence Sugar Plum Oil-Free Revitalizer, a moisturizer that is great for acne- prone skin.
Time Used Before Review: I used this once a week for 2 weeks and I love it!
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Where You Can Get It:
P.S.- Does anyone know if Angelina Jolie is adopting? Kinda short on cash here…. =P