Hi everyone! Today I will be doing a review on my current favorite cleanser- the Aurelia Probiotic Skincare Miracle Cleanser. I discovered this oil-based cleanser after reading stellar reviews about it on several beauty blogs. In addition, there has been a lot of hype going on over probiotic and oil- based products in the skincare industry.My curiosity got the best of me, and I immediately put this cleanser on my Christmas wish list. After one use I fell in love with it! According to the company’s official website:
“This intelligent, aromatic, creamy infusion glides on to the skin and lifts off all impurities and make- up. It fuses probiotic and peptide technologies with BioOrganic plant and flower essences to hydrate and soothe dull and dehydrated skin promoting a luminous, dewy, radiant glow whilst helping to prevent skin ageing. Fragranced with an uplifting essential oil blend of Eucalyptus, Chamomile, Rosemary and Bergamot this creamy cleanser along with its soft antibacterial bamboo muslin cloth buffs away dead skin cells and make-up whilst helping to stimulate the skin’s natural renewal process. This in turn speeds skin cell turnover, resulting in a brighter complexion with fresher, younger skin cells ready for hydration on the surface.”
Check out more product info and my pros and cons list below!
Ingredients: Aqua/ Water, Dicapryly Carbonate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cocoglycerides, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Rhus Verniciflua Peel Wax, Theobroma Cacoa (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Kigelia Africana Fruit Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Adansonia Digitata Fruit Extract, Lactose, Lactis Proteinum/ Milk Protein, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Panthenol, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Citric Acid, Limonene*, Linalool*, (*Naturally Occurring In Essential Oil)
Application: Apply to dry skin, massage deeply with fingertips to lift daily grime and makeup away from the skin and stimulate circulation. Remove cleanser with the muslin to gently exfoliate and reveal a bright, clean and glowing complexion. Ensure the cloth is warm and damp, and gently sweep over the skin.
How I Apply It: After putting this on, I like to massage my skin for several minutes. After rinsing this off, I sometimes reapply it to get a deeper clean.
- Even though this cleanser is oil-based it has a very nice thick and creamy consistency. It doesn’t feel oily at all when I put this into my hands.
- I really like the muslin cloth that comes with it. It’s very soft, but it effectively removes all traces of makeup. You get a light exfoliation.
- My face feels amazing after using this! It feels very soft and moisturized. Plus, I also have very sensitive skin, and this has not caused any irritation.
- It really removes all traces of makeup including, water-proof mascara.
- You only need to use a small amount of this product at every application.
- This smells very earthy and clean.
- The packaging is gorgeous and looks really elegant.
- I’m not a fan of cleansers that come in jars. Just the thought of anything in a jar makes my inner neat freak cringe. I’m always afraid of contaminating the product so I wash my hands thoroughly before scooping up this product. Also, I sometimes use a sterilized scooper. My microbiology professor would be oh so proud! =/
- This is a bit pricey- $53 for a 4 fluid ounce jar. At the same time, you only need to use a little bit at every application.
Time Used Before Review: I applied this about once a day for 2 weeks.
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Where to Buy:
Have you ever tried this cleanser? Do you love it or hate it? Comment below with your thoughts! Also be sure to check out the brand new Naturalinnas Facebook page! =)