Hi everyone! A few weeks ago I entered a contest on the Japanese Konjac Sponge Company FB page and won a free Bamboo Charcoal Konjac sponge. I was instantly excited because lately I have been hearing a lot of hype about konjac sponges. After just one use I was instantly hooked on it! According to the company’s official website:
“Konjac (“Konnyaku”) plant is a perennial belonging to the Araceae family. The botanical name is Amorphophallus Konjac. It is believed to have originated in the Indochinese region and was introduced to Japan from China. The Japanese have used it for over 1,500 years as part of a traditional healthy food and cooking ingredients.Its main component is Glucomannan, and its solution is a calorie-free dietary fiber that is very elastic. Konjac is rich in vitamin (A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, D, & E), protein, lipids, fatty acids and natural minerals such as copper, zinc, iron and magnesium. Combining these natural ingredients with its gentle texture, Konjac is not only establishing itself as a healthy food, but also make it excellent for use in skin care.”
Learn more about the product and my experiences below!
Ingredients: 100% Konjac Glucomannan, Bamboo Charcoal Extract Powder
How to Use It: Rinse and soak the dry sponge with warm water until fully softened and expanded. Cleanse your face with water-soaked sponge or use daily with your favorite cleanser to complement and create a rich lather for an incredibly therapeutic experience.
How I Use It: I first rinse the sponge with warm water until it has been fully softened. I then apply a cleanser and massage my face with the sponge in a circular motion for about 30 seconds. The cleanser that I have been using is the Osmia Organics Black Clay Facial Soap.
- I love, love, love how my skin feels soooo soft and clean after using this sponge! After I use it I feel that my moisturizer tends to sink in better, making my skin even softer!
- The texture of the sponge feels very nice. It is squishy and reminds me of marshmallows. Also, when I massage my skin with it, it feels soft but firm, providing a gentle exfoliation that doesn’t cause irritation to my sensitive skin.
- The size of the sponge is just right! It fits comfortably in my hands.
- The price is great! It only costs $11.50, while brands like Boscia market the konjac sponge for a much more expensive price.
- It does take a while to dry creating an environment for increased bacterial growth. I soak it once a week in hot water to disinfect it.
Time Used Before Review: For about 3 weeks, once every other day, since I don’t like to over-exfoliate my extremely sensitive skin.
Overall Rating: 5/5
Where to Buy: The official company website!