Hey everyone! Today, I will be sharing a hair rinse recipe that will make your hair look vibrant and full. Applying a hair rinse after shampooing and conditioning can remove product residues, make your hair softer, and can make your hair shinier. This hair rinse is super easy to make and only requires 3 key ingredients- organic horsetail herb, organic apple cider vinegar, and some H2O. Trust me after you try out this rinse, Rihanna will have nothing on you since your hair will be shining bright like a diamond! =P
The Scoop on Horsetail Herb
- It’s one of the most abundant sources of silica. Silica helps to strengthen brittle hair and can give it incredible shine.
- Contains many minerals that support hair health.
- When used in a rinse, it can promote increased circulation to the hair follicles resulting in increased hair growth.
The Scoop on Apple Cider Vinegar
- Removes product residues
- Acts as a natural detangler.
- Balances the pH of the scalp
- Keeps hair moisturized by sealing the hair cuticle. Read more about these benefits here!
Ingredients: 3 1/2 cups of water, 2-3 tablespoons of the horsetail herb, and 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
Directions: Warm the water in a pot until it begins to boil. Turn off the heat and add in the herb and vinegar. Cover the pot with a lid. Allow the mixture to sit for a few hours until it has cooled. Strain the mixture and dispose of the herb remnants. Pour the rinse over your hair after you have shampooed and conditioned it. Do not wash it out! Proceed with styling.
- You can adjust ingredient ratios to better suit your hair needs. If after using this rinse your hair becomes drier, add more A.C.V and less of the horsetail herb. If your hair becomes oily, add less A.C.V and a bit more horsetail.
- If you have curly hair, I suggest adding in some Marshmallow Herb which acts as an amazing detangler!
- You can add in a few other herbs to enhance your hair color. Blondes can use chamomile, lemon peel, or mullein flowers. Brunettes can use nettle, rosemary, and sage. Redheads can use calendula, red rose petals, and red hibiscus.